We are currently recruiting for the post of:
Customer Service/Claims Representative (Italian Speaking)
Sei bilingue (italiano/inglese) con buone capacità relazionali e informatiche?
Are you bilingual (Italian/English) with good interpersonal and IT skills?
Our niche insurance business provides a wide range of insurance products for businesses, member organisations and individuals based across Europe. When things go wrong for our customers, it’s up to our team in Bristol to help them put things right. Providing excellent and personal customer service is a priority for us. We want all of our customers to know that we ‘get where they are coming from’ so our team comprises people who not only speak their language fluently, but who have first-hand experience of the local customs and culture..
We are looking to appoint a new Italian speaker to the team. As an Insurer Support Representative with us your role will include:
- Handling queries from Italian based business customers and individuals
- Reviewing correspondence and other documents
- Investigating and evaluating incidents
- Arranging for the repair or replacement of leased equipment, where appropriate
- Translating documents
What’s it like to work here?
We aren’t a typical insurance business. Providing niche products across a range of sectors creates lots of variety in our work. We have the security and support that comes from being part of a global US-owned company, but in the UK/EU we are much smaller, giving a friendly and individual feel. Our Bristol office has around 50 people from many different countries and, because we look after our people, many of them have worked with us for 10 to 25 years, growing their experience and developing exciting careers. We are based in beautiful Queen Square, near the harbourside and within easy reach of bus and train transport.
The Insurer Support team consists of 19 people of various nationalities who between them speak at least 7 European languages. It’s friendly, diverse and very sociable with a relaxed yet professional attitude. Joining us you’ll be provided with plenty of product and systems training and support to get you up to speed and confidently assisting our customers.
- A salary of £21,000 to £22,250 plus discretionary bonus
- 21 days’ holiday plus bank holidays rising each full year of service to 26 days
- Hybrid working (after training/probation) – allowing 2 days/week working from home
- Life insurance of x4 salary
- Employer pension contributions at 4% (you contribute 5%)
- Private medical insurance after 1 year’s service
- Dress down Fridays
- 37.5 hours work/week (08:00 to 16:30)
We are looking for someone who:
- Is fully fluent in Italian and has good English language skills (oral and written)
- has a good understanding of modern Italian culture and ways of working
- is a confident communicator with strong listening skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility quickly
- has good attention to detail, numeracy and problem-solving skills
- is reliable and responsible
You will have at least 6 months’ experience (ideally more) working in a telephone-based customer service environment (in English or Italian) involving some level of problem solving, investigation or negotiation. Ideally your experience will have been gained in a regulated environment (insurance, banking, etc). We are looking to appoint someone quickly, so we’d like you to be able to start work on a month’s notice or less.
Note that while this roles offers some scope for hybrid remote working, you will need to be able to attend our Bristol office full-time immediately during your initial training and then at least 3 days per week.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a covering email – explaining why you are interested in the role and your availability to start to email@example.com