Contractors’ Plant & Equipment
Contractors’ Plant and Equipment
We provide comprehensive insurance cover that allows maximum flexibility for equipment that is owned on an unscheduled basis (discounts are available for itemised schedules).
Hired in plant is covered on a legal liability basis and includes the cost of continuing hire charges.
From owner-operators with one excavator to major construction companies or plant hire companies with fleets worth millions – we have the solution.
Core Products and Covers
- Annual Owned and Hired in Plant with options to include:
- Employees Tools
- Machinery Movement
Who Do We Work With?
We have a wide appetite with no automatic declines. Quality and a proactive approach to risk management drives our selection criteria; however, the following trades are our core target:
- Plant Hire Companies
- General Builders/House Builders
- Civil Engineering/Ground Works
- Demolition Contractors
- Piling Contractors
Features and Benefits
Wide standard annual cover including benefits such as:
- Reinstatement as new for plant less than 12 months old
- Plant on free loan or demonstration
- No limitations in respect of hired in plant conditions (e.g. HAE)
- No additional time deductible for continuing hire charges
- Insured property is covered during transit by water subject to a €50,000 limit
- No inner limits or exclusion in respect of theft from unattended vehicles
- Cover for loss of keys and damage to security devices
Tailored cover enhancements for certain trades or clients considered including:
- Extended reinstatement as new period
- Contract Waiver (no CPA hire requirement)
- Territorial limits outside the United Kingdom
- Breakdown cover
Premium discounts and reduced excesses for security measures such as:
- CESAR (Construction Equipment Security & Registration)
- Immobilisation devices
- After-theft tracking system
Capacity up to USD $50,000,000 PML basis with ‘pursue’ appetite limits of:
- Any one item €2,000,000
- Any one loss €10,000,000
Larger risks are considered on a selective basis
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.